jillianduch
Ever.

Seriously, how could you not continue reading after:

"You exposed your penis on national television, Max. What am I supposed to do?"

"I didn't expose it, Howard, it just sort of peeked out."


My grandma even chuckled at that this weekend when she picked up Sellevision, a novel by Augusten Burroughs (who brought us Running with Scissors.) I thumbed through the book on the ride to and from grandma's house this weekend - and I have to say - I liked it more than I thought I would.

The characters are more like caricatures, but it's a funny, easy read.

I was a little disturbed when the back-cover summary described it as "darkly funny and gleefully mean-spirited." I didn't really think the humor was dark at all. What does that say about me???
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses